Thursday, June 17, 2010

P-nut Party



Are you done?
This is a huge pet peeve of mine. ONE single blob of sandwich spread and the rest of the toast, dry. Look at it sitting all lonely. Like a jam factory in the middle of the desert. Anyone who knows me should know that I'm very particular about the way I eat my food. I'm not the type to just eat the rice, then eat the beans, then scoop some salsa into my mouth. I like to think that all the plates I dive into are made of components that were meant complement and to be eaten together. I usually cut a piece of the hardest thing on the plate, then have the softies meet on another side of the plate at a little merging of two rivers, and then have the hard thing staked to my prongs and then sort of lift everything else onto the better of the fork - the flatbed, you could say.
Would you really gnaw at the dry crusties while you're telling a joke to your friend, knowing that an oasis of - what is meant to be all over the toast - is just crying with loneliness while it stands awe-struck at how you distribute the paste.
This photo is my step one and I'd be embarrassed to possess traits that allowed me to finish here and walk away smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment