Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Did I miss something?

For those of you who don't know...
California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is to carry the Olympic torch Friday morning on a final relay before the opening ceremony for the Vancouver Games.

Olympic organizers said Schwarzenegger will help carry the torch around Stanley Park before handing it off just after 7 a.m. to two-time British Olympic gold medalist Sebastian Coe, who is also chairman of the London 2012 organizing committee.

I'm not sure I see the relevance to anything.
He's the Governor General of California AND he tried to step down...
Is this Terminator some kind of intimidation factor for the anticipated terrorists?
It's sort of a slap in the face for me to see that he's carrying the torch through Stanley Park, kind of a very Vancouverish thing.
And I'm not even that gung-ho about the olympics.
It seems that they've put him in a very important position for our olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment