Monday, March 29, 2010

Classic T+S

I loved Tegan's voice during this period.
Their very first album Under Feet Like Ours album sounded so raw and grimey, like "I've been smoking way too much and snarling at people, oh and look at me play my guitar super low, near my crotch". They first released it in 1999 and then re-released in 2001.
This song floors me though, really.
Somehow in all the dykey, rough and tough, leatherness of it, there's such a softness..
in both of them.
This song is why I was originally a Tegan person.
(Also, one of my favourite past-times is tracing Tegan and Sara's chronology through their hairstyles).
I'm really, really looking forward to seeing them at the Gorge at the end of May. Maybe I'll get Sara to meet me side-stage for some casual conversation.
So here... This is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment