Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Not Drinking Any Green Beer


Photo by Megan Ghiroli.

My dimly-lit eggplant purple room,
freshly cleaned,
no clothes on the ground, no things on my desk,
smells like my shampoo and my -
candles, four strangely shaped candles,
one-day old washed sheets!
CAKE - chocolate cake with white confetti icing with two layers of icing,
my silk robe on my naked skin,
my feet in slippers,
laptop on my lap,
catching up on e-mails with my friends,
petting my Frida,
finishing an assignment I've been procrastinating pretty hard on,
happy to be alone without my phone that I left at my lady-friend's house,
thinking of the weekend,
thinking of drinking all that caffeinated tea I just bought so I can stop my coffee addiction,
thinking of taking photos with my camera and the three rolls of film that haven't been fondled in at least a week.
This is my March 17th,
Google told me it's my... St Patricks Day?

Happy St Patricks Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment